Thursday 2 July 2015

Water colouring with distress inks

I've been trying out water colouring with distress inks recently and have been very pleased with the results. You can make them pale as with traditional water colour or more intense which I preferred for the projects I was working on.



The above used a Sheena Douglass stamp set from her A little bit magical range. I blended distress inks for the background and then stamped the individual images to make the scene. Each was then painted using water and distress inks. I put the pad of distress ink onto my glass cutting mat and then used a fine brush with water to pick up the ink and colour onto the non pearly side of Centura Pearl card stock.
I stamped the brick wall on the right, toadstools and leaves individually and painted them in the same way to then decoupage onto the front of the scene.

The ones above were done using the same painting method and Hobby Art scene it stamps sets to create the scene with the individual stamps.
Hope you like them. I really enjoyed painting them nice and easy and quick. Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment